VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Massage for the Complementary Therapist
NEW FOR 2017
This course is what therapist have been waiting for! You will build upon previous knowledge, skills and experience of massage therapy, with particular focus on using additional assessment techniques and advanced massage skills to address dysfunctional tissue, derived from lifestyle, posture and the general aging process.
We will introduce the relevant skills, knowledge and understanding needed to gather and analyse information elicited during subjective and objective client assessments. A number of objective assessment techniques are introduced to include detailed assessment of soft tissue and muscle testing. To underpin the new range of objective tests, the bony and soft structures of the major joints of the body are revisited to give you a greater anatomical understanding and to facilitate practical application. You will be able to utilise your new toolbox of skills and understanding to tailor your massage treatments to your individual client needs to promote restoration of dysfunctional tissue, health, balance and wellbeing.
To help your learning and understanding throughout the course it is strongly advisable for you to recap your muscle and bone knowledge you gained in Level 3. ‘The Concise Book of Muscles’ by Chris Jarmey is a very useful and well-illustrated book covering all the muscles you will need for the course.
Equipment needed for each Weekend:
- Professional yet comfortable and uniform
- Lever arch folder, plastic wallets, pack of dividers, note paper, pens (highlighters are useful) Bring a packed lunch & snacks (local facilities are also available). Fridge on-site.
- Tea, coffee, biscuits and water will be provided throughout the weekend free of charge.
- A selection of different size towels (whatever you would use with clients)
Assignments & Assessments: (to be set and completed during the course)
- Practical Assessments – you will complete at least 2 summative assessments, observations includes muscle, bone, joint-line and postural assessments on clients.
- Case Studies – you must carry out and document a minimum of 30 treatments on 15 clients with a minimum of 2 treatments per clients.
- There is no external examination paper requirement for this course
- Anatomy and Physiology and Theory Workbook – to be completed in class and at home
Good to Know
All VTCT Complementary Therapy courses now include a lifetime access to our training portal which is an invaluable tool during and after your initial training.
- Consultation process, treatment plans and documentation
- Clinic environment / couch set up
- Objective and Subjective Assessment Techniques & Procedures
- Interpesonal skills for a Complementary Therapist
- Muscle, bone and joint line palpation
- Anatomy and Assessment of the major joints of the body
- Over 30 muscle/special tests covered
- Postural Analysis
- Range of Movement Methods (ROM) & Stretching
- Trigger Points
- Muscle Energy Techniques (MET)
- Soft Tissue Release (STR)
- Connective Tissue
You must hold a Level 3 Massage Certificate (VTCT or another recognised body) and Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology qualification.
10am - 5:00pm
Training will take place at our beautiful training academy in Melbourne, Derbyshire (DE73 8FE). All location, travel and accommodation information will be sent following enrolment.
Course Start Date: 11th September 2107
October: 9th, 16th
November: 6th, 13th
Assessment Dates: 22nd + 23rd January 2018
This course is included in our payment plan scheme - contact us to learn more
Well what can I say about the Infinity Training Academy. I found Sue's teaching methods exceptional and the her personality and patience has really helped me and others to succeed. If your thinking about doing a course I can honestly say you will not be disappointed.