VTCT Body Massage Training Course
This VTCT body massage training course will provide you with all the fundamental skills required to become a capable and confident professional therapist, it is the perfect starting point for anyone wanting to progress into complementary therapies.This is a comprehensive and practical massage course leading to a recognised qualification enabling candidates to practice commercially. Swedish massage is undoubtedly the most natural of all healing therapies which is now a skill embedded in human culture. Its benefits are now being recognised and approved by the medical profession worldwide and is now used to treat patients in hospitals, care homes and hospices. More and more people are receiving massage on a regular basis for health, relaxation and to help balance their busy and stressful lives.
Following the Course
- You will be a qualified massage therapist
- Hold a world-class qualification, enabling you to practice any where in the world!
- Build a regular client base, boosting your income
- Set your own hourly rate!
- Operate a commercial business in salons, spas, mobile or from home
- Gain full insurance & professional membership recognition
- Have the skills, knowledge & confidence to treat a range of clients
- Progress onto advanced courses, e.g. Sports massage, Aromatherapy
- The history, origins and development of body massage
- Methods of preparation
- Effects and benefits of massage
- Consultation skills, procedure and customer service
- Clinic Protocol
- Consultation Procedure
- Contraindications & Contra-actions-
- Traditional massage movements and oils
- Aftercare/Home care Advice
- Professionalism, ethics, referrals and legislation
- Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology Online lessons ( Final examination online & Assignment)
- Principles & Practice of complementary therapies (Assignment)
- Business Practice (Assignment)
- Practical Tuition, Guidance and Support throughout the course
You must be over 18 years age, have a good level and understanding of English. All assignments must be word processed so access to a pc/laptop etc and printer is a must.
Course Duration and Times
6 days (10-5pm)
Online Anatomy and Physiology lessons
+ Commercial Spa Days
+ 2 Assessment Days
You are required to produce a portfolio of evidence which will consist of assignments and case studies both of which will be carried out at home. You will be continually assessed throughout the course, when you have gained all the required knowledge you will practice your skills on clients in a realistic working environment to prepare you for your final assessments and industry. VTCT require 3 final practical assessments to determine if you have achieved the required standard. Learners will return after completing their portfolio to complete their final assessments. You will also sit two examination papers for your Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology, 70% is required to pass. We hold a 100% pass rate.
You must carry out and document evidence 30 treatments, there must be a minimum of two treatments on six clients. You will be given a timetable for when your portfolio must be completed and submitted at the start of the course.
Upon completion you will receive a VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage which is industry recognised and fully insurable.
All VTCT Complementary Therapy courses now include a lifetime access to our online training portal which is an invaluable tool during and after your initial training.
In your 'Study Break' period you are expected to complete the required coursework (assignments, revision and case studies) and attend a 'Commercial Spa Day' where you will carry out treatments on paying members of the public in preparation for your final assessments. This experience is crucial for your development, you will be under tutor guidance who will support and give you feedback throughout.
2020 - FULL!
October: 17th, 24th, 31st
November: 7th, 14th, 21st
Commercial Spa: Sat 12th Dec
Assessments: 20th and 21st Feb 2021
February: 6th, 13th, 27th
March: 6th, 13th
Commercial Spa: Saturday 8th May
Assessments: 12th and 13th June 2021
April: 12th, 13th, 14th and 19th, 20th, 21st
Commercial Spa: Sun 20th June
Assessments: 3rd and 4th July 2021
Price ( Contact us if you have completed a VTCT/ITEC level 3 Certificate in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology in the last 3 years.)
Well what can I say about Infinity Training Academy. I found Sue's teaching methods exceptional and the her personality and patience has really helped me and others to succeed. If you're thinking about doing a course I can honestly say you will not be disappointed.