VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy
This VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy training course is comprehensive and practical. This vastly interesting course will provide you with knowledge of principles of Aromatherapy, and how Aromatherapists practice. You will learn the benefits and techniques of Aromatherapy massage and the sources and effects of essential oils, and be able to provide treatments safely and effectively to clients in different circumstances. Here is a list of the essential oils required for the course which will enable you to gain maximum experience whether in the training school or at home.
Aromatherapy can be defined as the art and science of utilising naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to balance, harmonise and promote health of the mind, body and spirit. Aromatherapy seeks to explore the individuals physiological and psychological response to aromatic extracts as well as to observe and enhance the individuals healing process. Aromatherapy is both preventative as well as an active treatment for acute and chronic illness and disease, coupled with an unrivalled deep relaxation and bliss which is why aromatherapy is such a unique experience.
Following The Course You Will:
- Be a qualified Aromatherapist
- Gain employment clinics, NHS, salons, health centres
- Operate a commercial business from home, salon, mobile, spa, clinic
- Create your own hourly rate
- Gain full insurance and professional membership recognition
- Offer client's more variety of treatments
- Feel good factor-Volunteer work in hospices
- Boost income: Make products for clients home care programme
- Enrol onto specialist course aromatherapy, cancer care, pregnancy
- History, origins and development of Aromatherapy
- Effects and benefits of essential oils
- Health, safety and hygiene procedures
- Clinic Protocol
- Contraindications and Contra-actions to essential oils and treatment
- Examination of 42 Essential oils
- Examination of 19 Carrier oils
- Methods of Extraction
- How to blend essential oils
- Storage Methods
- Methods of adaption
- Aftercare/Home care/Self treatment advice
- Olfactory System
- Professionalism, ethics, referral procedures
- Principles & Practice of complementary therapies (Assignment)
- Business Practice (Assignment)
- Online Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology lessons ( Examination and Assignment)
- Less common Pathologies (Assignment)
- Practical tuition, step by step throughout the programme.
You must be over 18 years age, have a good level and understanding of English. All assignments must be word processed so access to a pc/laptop etc and printer is a must.
6 Sessions (10.00- 5pm) Reflexology at Infinity
Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology Lessons
Commercial Spa Days - See course dates
Assessment Days - See course dates
You are required to produce a portfolio of evidence which will consist of assignments and case studies both of which will be carried out at home. You will be continually assessed throughout the course, when you have gained all the required knowledge you will practice your skills on clients in our realistic working environment to prepare you for your final assessments and industry. VTCT require 3 final practical assessments to determine if you have achieved the required standard. Learners will return after completing their portfolio to complete their final assessments. You will also sit two examination papers for your Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology, 70% is required to pass. ( N/A if you currently hold a VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology).
You must carry out and document evidence 60 treatments, six treatments on six clients. Other methods include: creams/lotions, inhalations, compresses. You will be given a timetable for when your portfolio must be completed and submitted at the start of the course. You have 4 months after completing your initial training at the academy to complete your portfolio.
On successful completion of the course Candidates will receive a VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy
In your 'Study Break' period you are expected to complete the required coursework (assignments, revision and case studies) and attend a minimum of two 'Commercial Spa Days' where you will carry out treatments on paying members of the public in preparation for your final assessments. This experience is crucial for your development, you will be under tutor guidance who will support and give you feedback throughout.
All VTCT Complementary Therapy courses now include a lifetime access to our online training portal which is an invaluable tool during and after your initial training.
April 18th 25th, May 2nd (online)
May 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th ( in class)
Price (Contact us if you have completed a VTCT level 3 Certificate in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology in the last 3 years.)
Fantastic place to learn or upgrade your skills as a therapist, first class teaching in a wonderful place.
Thank you Louise and Sue, thoroughly loved doing the VTCT Level 3 in Aromatherapy and no doubt I’ll be booking on something else soon "