Manual Lymphatic Drainage
FHT accredited course. Professional one day course for therapists looking to gain confidence in this area of treatment to aid their clients or part of their continuous professional development.
It is vital that you have already achieved your level 3 Swedish body massage or level 3 in sports massage therapies.
- History and foundation of manual lymphatic drainage techniques (MLD)
- Refresh on anatomy and physiology
- Health, safety & hygiene
- Client consultation & contra- indications to treatment
- Lymphatic drainage pathways
- Practical application of manual drainage techniques
- Benefits, effects and theories of lymphatic drainage
- Self-lymphatic drainage techniques (SLD)
Manual lymphatic drainage techniques facilitate the removal of excess fluid, toxins and waste from the skin's tissues. It is an effective treatment for people living with the debilitating effect of lymphoedema. Early intervention is key with lymphoedema, these specialised techniques can be used before or after surgery, to minimise the effects of oedema.
You will learn how to apply the drainage techniques with confidence, as well as being able to advise your clients of health and lifestyle and self-lymphatic drainage techniques, to maintain results in between sessions.
Thursday 10th February
Friday 18th March