Lava Shell Therma Facial
This intensely hydrating, anti-ageing facial uses Spa Find natural Dead Sea mineral products to renew and revive the complexion, lifting, draining and contouring the face leaving skin radiant and glowing. The face, neck and décolleté are deeply cleansed and exfoliated to prepare the skin for a specialised massage using the warm self-heating Lava Shells. The natural heat from the Lava Shells instantly relax you allowing you to drift into a tranquil state of mind whilst aiding the penetration of skincare products increasing their effectiveness. The Lava Shells warmth will improve circulation, ease tension lines and boost your skins natural radiance whilst alleviating sinus blockages and puffiness.
A Lava Shell is a self-heating massage tool that offers a seamless massage of heat and touch, with no loss of contact with the client. The combination of warm Lava Shells and massage techniques ease away muscle tension, release energy flow and restore a sense of balance to the entire body and mind. As well as offering a luxurious warming massage to your clients, there are also many advantages of using Lava Shells for you and your therapists too:
- The Shells require no electricity to heat up - a sachet containing a blend of food-grade minerals is placed inside the shell and a simple salt water activator is added causing a natural chemical reaction which produces heat. This exothermic reaction will continue to generate heat for over an hour.
- When using the Shell, the heat transfers to the client and the temperature reduces, setting the shell aside and allowing it to rest increases the temperature. A full body massage requires three shells, one or two are in use and one is ‘resting’ and therefore increasing in temperature.
- The Lava Shells are warm and ready to use in 5 to 10 minutes, ideal for walk-in clients or up-selling.
- Just three Lava Shells are required for a full body massage, making them portable and they can be used anywhere. Ideal if you have several treatment rooms.
- The Lava Shell sachets contain natural ingredients that are non-toxic and biodegradable and are not harmful if touched. After treatment, used sachets can be placed in a food waste bin or on a compost heap and the packets are also recyclable.
- The porcelain shells are handcrafted using high quality porcelain and crushed shells and each shell is hand painted, replicating the beautiful lustre and appearance of natural shells.
- The Lava Shells are light and easy to use, fitting perfectly into the therapist’s hand. The shape of the Lava Shell becomes an extension of the therapist’s hands,helping to protect the therapist from RSI and general hand strain. The crown (replicating the palm of the hand) of the Lava Shell is a smooth, carefully polished, gently rounded surface. It is the most versatile part of the shell and the one that transmits the greatest amount of heat. It is ideal for long broad strokes across major muscle groups, tilting the crown slightly offers a deeper pressure. The hinge (replicating the thumb) forms a small, rounded knobble on the side of every shell. Ideal to work into small, tight knots or problem areas and can be used for deep pressure work and on pressure points. The edge of every shell is carefully sanded to a smooth, jag-free surface and is ideal for working narrow areas and is also a valuable dragging tool, working particularly well with one shell in each hand for drainage strokes.
- Shells are non-porous so they will not absorb bacteria, massage oils and dead skin cells. This makes them hygienic and easy to clean.
Level 2 Facial. You must have completed the facial unit of an NVQ or equivalent
You are required to purchase your kit directly from Shared Beauty Secrets prior to the training course date. The tutor will deliver them to the academy on the day of training.View and purchase your kit here.
One day (9.30am-5.30pm)
Upon successful completion of the course you will be issued with an SBS (Shared Beauty Secrets) Certificate.
Training will take place at our beautiful training academy in Melbourne, Derbyshire. Location, travel and accommodation information will be sent to you following enrolment. To book a course please complete the on-line booking form or if you have any questions please Call Sue on 07971987940. We look forward to welcoming you onto our courses.