Kind Hands Instructors Course
Kind Hands Massage Stories and Songs (Early Years and Parents)
Instructor’s Training Course
This one day course is provided by accredited short course provider, Touchline Training Ltd, a not for profit company dedicated to helping people of all ages improve their wellbeing. www.touchlinetraining.co.uk
Kind Hands Massage Stories and Songs is a programme of nurturing touch and clothed child to child and parent to child massage for early years’ children. It is taught by adults working with children and their parents; baby massage instructors, children’s organisation staff, therapists and parents.
The aim of the Instructor’s course is to provide the knowledge and skills to teach parents how to use massage stories and songs with their children, in workshops and the home. Instructors also work with staff and children in organisations such as nurseries and pre-schools. Instructors learn simple massage strokes, how to use them creatively and how nurturing touch helps the development of children and parent/child bonding.
Following this course you will:
- Be qualified to teach parents how to use massage stories and songs with their children
- Be qualified to work with staff in children’s organisations to deliver the programme to children
- Gain professional insurance and CPD points (with relevant pre-requisites*)
- Be able to expand your existing service to appeal to a wider audience both private and public
- Background to Kind Hands Massage Stories and Songs
- How touch and movement help children’s development
- How the body reacts to stress
- The benefits of massage
- How to use Kind Hands massage strokes
- How to develop your own massage stories and activities
- The Kind Hands Song
- Health and safety and safeguarding
- Implementing Kind Hands Massage Story sessions
- Working with parents
- Role of the instructor
One day course, 10.00 – 5.00 with registration at 9.45
The informal assessment process uses observation of practical work, verbal questions and answers, quiz activities and evaluation form feedback
Upon completion of the course you will receive a certificate as a Kind Hands Instructor. This is a recognised short course qualification for therapists with a recognised Level 3 qualification in Swedish Massage or Indian Head Massage or Body Massage.*
The training is open to non-therapists.
CPD Points :
FHT credit 10 points and CThA credit 5 points. Therapists from other organisations should check prior to application.
Anne Crease and Paul Crease have been complementary therapists for over 20 years and are qualified in a range of therapies. Their previous roles as teachers support their work as Kind Hands trainers. They promote well being for people of all ages through the provision of countrywide instructor's training courses with ongoing support and access to resources.
'Terms and Conditions' which all candidates must read and agree to abide by before enrolment.
Training will take place at the beautiful training academy in Melbourne, Derbyshire. Location and travel information will be sent to you following enrolment. To book a course please complete the on-line booking form or if you have any questions please call Anne 01884 256284 / 07941 046291 or email email@example.com . We look forward to welcoming you onto our course.
Sunday 29th April 2018