Emergency First Aid in Workplace
First Aid is the first point of care often for illness and injury within the workplace until professional medical aid arrives if required. For that reason it is important that appropriate training is undertaken before taking on the responsibility of administering first aid. The Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course is accredited by Lantra Awards who are a nationally recognised Awarding Organisation who ensure the quality and standard of their training meets the requirements of OFQUAL to ensure that the person trained is a competent and safe practitioner.
The EFAW course ensures that you have learnt key techniques in order to administer simple but sometimes life saving techniques, once completed the candidate will receive a certificate of training that is valid for 3 years.
- Understand the role of the first aider
- Prevention of cross infection
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- First Aid Kits
- Incident Management
- Administering Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR and the use of an AED.
- Dealing with an Unconscious casualty
- Dealing with a casualty who is having a seizure
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Provide treatment for minor injuries, burns, scald and small splinters
One day (10-5)
Summative and formative continuous assessment by the instructor.
Upon successful completion you will receive a Lantra Award in Emergency First Aid in the Workplace (EFAW).
N.B. Please note Infinity Training Academy is a private training provider although classes do not run on bank holidays they may be scheduled to run within school holidays so please check and plan before enrolling and committing to a course. Infinity Training Academy cannot be held responsible as this is highlighted in our
'Terms and Conditions' which all candidates must read and agree to abide by before enrolment.
All training takes place at our beautiful training academy in Melbourne, Derbyshire. Location, travel and accommodation information will be sent to you following enrolment.
To book a course please complete the on-line booking form or to ask any questions please Call Sue on 07971987940. We look forward to welcoming you onto our courses.
Friday 11th December