FHT Diploma in Pregnancy Massage
The purpose of this one day course is to show how pregnancy massage is a key way of aiding a client to get relief from everyday stresses pregnancy can have on the body. It can support the mother to co-ordinate breathing, promote relaxation and have confidence in her own body’s abilities. This in turn promotes bonding and closeness with her baby and aids the therapist/masseuse to work with and understand the effects the pregnancy has on the body and how they can proactively aid relief on aches and pains and promote relaxation using a combination of Swedish massage and Shiatsu techniques.
Following the course you will:
- Be qualified to massage or guide a birthing partner to massage the pregnant client.
- Be able to expand your existing service to encompass a wider group of clientele.
- Increase potential revenue - appealing to a new audience.
- Be able to support existing clients if they become pregnant.
- To understand the bodily changes in pregnancy
- Methods of preparation
- Importance of posture & positioning of the pregnant client
- Contraindications and cautions
- Effects and benefits of pregnancy massage
- Massage techniques (whole body)
All candidates are required to hold a level 3 Massage Qualification as a prerequisite.
1 Day (10-5)
Continual assessments takes place during the programme to assess practical skills and to assess knowledge gained during the course in line with the FHT's expectations and standards.
On successful completion of the course Candidates will receive a FHT Certificate in Pregnancy Massage
Price (one day course)
Pregnancy massage training on Monday with Sue was incredible. I had slight anxiety about going as I’d never been before but it’s such a lovely calming training space and along with Sue’s welcoming manner I instantly felt at ease. Sue was a great trainer very knowledgeable in her field and I left feeling confident in my abilities. I will definitely be back for more training soon. Thank you so much