FHT Diploma Indian Head Massage
This FHT Diploma in Indian Head Massage is aimed at massage therapists who want to extend their skills as a complementary therapist and offer clients more variety.High levels of stress and worry, busy schedules and poor posture can put unnatural pressure and strain on the body, if untreated this stored tension in upper body can lead to an array of physical and emotional conditions. Indian Head Massage has been an important part of Indian life for over four thousand years, since its impact on the western world thousands have discovered and experienced its healing properties. Many now regularly receive Indian Head Massage either at home or increasingly within the workplace to manage, treat and release various physical and psychological symptoms of stress. The neck, shoulders, back, face and scalp are massaged to release tension and pressure using a variety of traditional strokes and pressure point techniques. Treatment can be given dry without oils and fully clothes however it is more beneficial with the use of oils. Once finished this massage will give you a feeling of calm and relaxation.
Following the Course you will:
- Be qualified to perform and charge for Indian Head massage
- Gain professional insurance and membership with FHT
- Offer your client's more variety of treatments
- Be able to offer treatments in workplaces, residential homes, and health centres, as this treatment is portable
- Have knowledge on how to adapt the treatment for different environments
- The History, Origins and development of Indian Head Massage
- Effects and Benefits
- Health, Safety & Hygiene
- Preparation: Client, Chair, Trolley, Environment, Self, Materials
- Consultation skills
- Contraindications & Contra-actions
- Oils to use in Indian Head Massage
- Traditional Massage Movements
- Chakra/Grounding/Visualisation/Meditation Techniques
- Methods of Adaption
- Aftercare/Home care Advice
- Practical Tuition, Guidance and Support throughout the course
All candidates are required to hold a level 3 Massage Qualification.
1 Day (10-5) + Case studies. If you hold the above qualification you may be entitled to receive recognition of prior learning (RPL) on some aspects of the course.
Continual assessments takes place during the programme to assess practical skills and a written test is completed to assess knowledge gained during the course. Candidates are required to complete and write up case studies at home ( 3 people x 2 treatments) on a range of clients to meet the FHT standards. Case studies will need to be submitted within a time frame following the course.
On successful completion of the course and Case Studies Candidates will receive a FHT Diploma in Indian Head Massage.
Price (one day course)
"I have recently completed the FHT Diploma in Indian Head Massage course at Infinity Training Academy, and just want to say how much I enjoyed it! I was well informed before hand and was immediately made to feel welcome. The training was of a very high standard and carried out in a friendly and relaxed environment. Sue is a wonderful tutor who is not only professional, but also patient and encouraging. I have already booked on other courses with her, and hope to do many more in the future. I would highly recommend Infinity to anyone."
Thank you for the wonderful learning experience I had at the Infinity Training Academy Sue’s teaching technique is refreshing and enjoyable, I left the Indian Head Massage course full of drive and couldn't wait to share my new skills with my clients. I now have an abundance of new clients and it 's growing weekly.