FHT Diploma Hot Stone Massage
This FHT Diploma in Hot Stone Massage is a must for all massage therapists who want to extend their skills, offer clients a wonderfully relaxing, effective and deep massage whilst preventing tiring and injury to themselves.The ancient healing of the hot stone massage has been used for thousands of years worldwide by healers, the Tibetan monks and the American Indians to name a few. It involves the application of heated basalt stones of varying sizes to key points on the body, giving a deep massage and creating sensations of comfort and warm. The direct heat relaxes the muscles, allowing manipulation of a greater intensity than regular massage. Some say one stroke of a stone is equivalent to eight of the hand and many clients that try it never go back to traditional massage.
Following the Course You Will:
- Be qualified to perform and charge for hot stone massage
- Gain professional insurance and membership with FHT
- Offer client's a wider range of treatments
- Provide a deep tissue massage with no strain to the therapist
- Be able to charge more as hot stone massage is specialised
- Have skills, knowledge & confidence to offer treatment to a wider audience, sports clubs, health centres etc...
- The History, Origins and development of Hot Stone Massage
- Effects and Benefits
- Which stones to use and why
- Health, Safety, Sterilisation and Hygienic practice
- Consultation Skills
- Contraindications & Contra-actions
- A range of traditional massage movements & techniques
- Methods of Adaption
- Aftercare/Home care Advice
- Professionalism, ethics, referrals and legislation Practical Tuition, Guidance and Support throughout the course
- This course focuses mostly on the practical aspect
All candidates are required to hold a level 3 Massage Qualification as a prerequisite. For on-going safety measures, we will send pre- reading materials to you just before the course in order to reduce to amount of face to face time in class.
1 Day + Case studies.
Continual assessments takes place during the programme to assess practical skills and 9 case studies need to be completed (3 clients x 3 treatments) post course to assess knowledge gained during the course in line with our expectations and standards.
On successful completion of the course Candidates will receive a certificate which is accredited with the FHT.
You will need a kit at home to perform your case studies, we can recommend suppliers to you. All materials are supplied during training.
Price (one day course)
I would just like to say how wonderful my training at infinity training was,I recently took part in a Hot Stone Massage training, I found the training to be of a very high standard. Sue was very professional and not only was she extremely knowledgeable in her subject but was excellent in getting it across to the group. The training was done in a very friendly and relaxed environment and I found the size of the group was perfect.
I thoroughly enjoyed the training and look forward to doing further training in the future. I would highly recommend this training to anyone.