Baby Massage Instructors Course
This Baby Massage Teacher Course will provide you with the knowledge required to teach baby massage to parents and guardians for use on their own children using a demonstration doll.
You will also gain knowledge of business practice, health, safety and hygiene related to this field. The aim of this course is to provide you with the skills and understanding to teach parents and guardians how to apply baby massage and also in certain circumstances to apply baby massage in the presence of parents/guardians, with their consent. Instructing parents/guardians how to provide baby massage for their own children is preferred.
An important function of baby massage is to encourage bonding with the parent or guardian. Additionally, massage has a soothing and reassuring effect on babies. At the end of this course you will be able to deliver one to one baby massage instruction and group classes by demonstrating on a substitute doll. This is a wonderful addition for therapists to add to their skills, opening to a new arena of clients. This also completes the life cycle if you are already qualified in Pregnancy massage.
Following this course you will:
- Be qualified to instruct parents/guardians how to safely provide massage for their own babies
- Gain professional insurance and membership to practice with confidence
- Be able to expand your existing service, appeal to a wider audience
- Become more employable, offer service to health practices (public and private)
- Give your body a rest from hands-on therapies
- Potentially fantastic revenue.
- The origins and development of baby massage
- Methods of preparation
- Effects and benefits of baby massage
- Consultation skills, communication with parent/guardian
- Consultation Procedure
- Contraindications & Cautions
- Traditional massage movements and oils
- Aftercare/Home care Advice
- Professionalism, ethics, referrals and legislation
- Reflective Practice (Case studies x4)
- Practical Tuition, Guidance and Support throughout the course
- Theory Examination
4 days. 3 days initial training + 1 day Assessment to be arranged on the course.Three month post course for submission of assignments and case studies.
You are required to produce a portfolio of evidence which will consist of one assignment and 4 case studies both of which will be carried out at home post course. You will be continually assessed throughout the course to ensure you meet the required standards.
Upon completion you will receive a Certificate as a Baby Massage Instructor which is industry recognised, fully insurable and accredited by the FHT.
N.B. Please note Infinity Training Academy is a private training provider although classes do not run on bank holidays they may be scheduled to run within school holidays so please check and plan before enrolling and committing to a course. Infinity Training Academy cannot be held responsible as this is highlighted in our
'Terms and Conditions' which all candidates must read and agree to abide by before enrolment.
Training will take place at our beautiful training academy in Melbourne, Derbyshire. Location, travel and accommodation information will be sent to you following enrolment. To book a course please complete the on-line booking form or if you have any questions please Call Sue on 07971987940. We look forward to welcoming you onto our courses.
9th, 10th, 11th April 2019
Plus one assessment day arranged during course
Price (four day course)
Well what can I say about the Infinity Training Academy. I found Sue's teaching methods exceptional and the her personality and patience has really helped me and others to succeed. If your thinking about doing a course I can honestly say you will not be disappointed.