FHT Aromatherapy in Pregnancy and Childbirth
The purpose of this one day course is to enable you to gain knowledge and skills of maternity care and the effects of pregnancy on the body. Our objective is to expand your knowledge to introduce and safely use aromatherapy with the pregnant client and raise awareness of the contraindications and the effects essential oils can have on the mother and baby at every stage of pregnancy, labour and after child-birth. The course is theory based only, no massage is included. This course is aimed at qualified Aromatherapists who will be able to integrate skills within their current practice, however anyone can attend this course to gain insight of the wonderful effects and benefits of Aromatherapy in Pregnancy and Childbirth. For non-Aromatherapists a certificate of attendance will be issued.
Following the course you will:
- Be able to include this group of clientele in your service
- Be confident to advise the pregnant client of the holistic benefits
- Have the knowledge to recommend aromatherapy during pregnancy & childbirth
- Aid the clients journey in the transition to motherhood from an holistic point of view
- Increase potential revenue by gaining a wider client base
- Consultation & care planning
- The basic understanding of the changes to the body during pregnancy
- Essential oils not recommended in pregnancy
- Contraindications & Cautions
- Essential oils and dosages for common problems in pregnancy
- Physiology and process of labour
- Essential oils to aid the clients coping mechanisms during labour
- Precautions and interactions of essential oils in labour & birth
- Aftercare and follow on advice
- Post birth use of aromatherapy
All candidates are required to hold a recognised Level 3 Aromatherapy Qualification. No pre-requisities required if you wish to attend the course for general interest or CPD points.
Continual assessments takes place during the day.
On successful completion of the 1 Day course candidates will receive a FHT Diploma Aromatherapy in Pregnancy and Childbirth. Non Aromatherapists will receive a certificate of attendance
N.B. Please note Infinity Training Academy is a private training provider although classes do not run on bank holidays they may be scheduled to run within school holidays so please check and plan before enrolling and committing to a course. Infinity Training Academy cannot be held responsible as is also highlighted in our 'Terms and Conditions'which all candidates must read and agree to abide by before enrolment.
All training will take place at our beautiful new training academy in Melbourne, Derbyshire. Location, travel and accommodation information will be sent to you following enrolment.
To book a course please complete the on-line booking form or to ask any questions please call Sue on: 07971987940. We look forward to welcoming you onto our courses.
NEW DATES TBA...
Price (one day course)
Therapists out there if you are wishing to expand your learning skills I recommend you book yourselves on a course or two with Infinity Training Academy. Sue Masters was my tutor, this lady is a shining star and a font of therapy knowledge.